5G for the Connected World by Devaki Chandramouli – eBook
- Authors: Devaki Chandramouli, Rainer Liebhart, Juho Pirskanen
- File Size: 22 MB
- Format: PDF
- Length: 520 pages
- Publisher: Wiley; 1st edition
- Publication Date: March 8, 2019
- Language: English
- ASIN: B07QTPJX3H
- ISBN-10: 111924708X
- ISBN-13: 9781119247081, 9781119247074, 9781119247135
Comprehensive Handbook Demystifies 5G for Business and Technical Professionals in Mobile Telecommunication Fields.
Much is being said regarding the possibilities and capabilities of the emerging 5G technology, as the evolution towards 5G promises to transform entire industries and many aspects of our society. 5G for the Connected World offers a comprehensive technical overview that telecommunication professionals need to understand and take advantage of these developments. The ebook 5G for the Connected World (PDF) offers wide-ranging coverage of the technical aspects of 5G (with special consideration of the 3GPP Release 15 content), how it enables new services and how it differs from LTE. This includes information on potential use cases, aspects of radio and core networks, spectrum considerations and the services primarily driving 5G development and deployment.
The textbook also looks at 5G in relation to the Internet of Things, machine to machine communication and technical enablers such as LTE-M, NB-IoT and EC-GSM. Additional chapters discuss new business models for telecommunication service providers and vertical industries as a result of introducing 5G and strategies for staying ahead of the curve. Other topics include:
- 5G security vision and architecture
- Mobile edge computing, Fixed-Mobile Convergence, Non-3GPP access
- Detailed overview of session management, mobility management, and Quality of Service frameworks
- An outline of the requirements and challenges imposed by massive numbers of devices connected to cellular networks
- Ultra-low latency and high-reliability use cases and enablers, challenges and requirements (e.g. remote control, industrial automation, public safety and V2X communication)
- Key features of the new 5G radio such as descriptions of new waveforms, massive MIMO, and beamforming technologies as well as spectrum considerations for 5G radio regarding all possible bands
- Motivations, drivers, and overview of the new 5G system – especially RAN architecture and technology enablers (e.g. service-based architecture, computer-storage split, and network exposure) for native cloud deployments
While some familiarity with the basics of 3GPP networks is helpful, 5G for the Connected World is intended for a variety of readers. It will prove a useful guide for telecommunication professionals, standardization experts, network operators, application developers and business analysts (or students working in these fields) as well as infrastructure and device vendors looking to develop and integrate 5G into their products, and to deploy 5G radio and core networks.