An Introduction to Intercultural Communication: Identities in a Global Community (9th Edition) – eBook
- Author: Fred E. Jandt
- File Size: 40 MB
- Format: PDF
- Length: 504 pages
- Publisher: SAGE Publications, Inc; 9th edition
- Publication Date: October 26, 2017
- Language: English
- ASIN: B076VM8KF9
- ISBN-10: 150636165X
- ISBN-13: 9781506361659
How does the Syrian refugee crisis, the election of Donald Trump, and the increasing number of “walls” being built to control immigration affect our ability to communicate and function across cultures?
The highly anticipated An Introduction to Intercultural Communication 9th edition (PDF) prepares today’s college students to successfully navigate our increasingly global community by integrating major current events into essential communication skills and concepts. To spark any student interest, award-winning professor and best-selling author Fred E. Jandt offers unique insights into intercultural communication, at home and abroad, through an emphasis on culture, history, and popular media. Each chapter integrates material on social media, as well as extensive new and real examples from recent international news and events. Throughout the textbook, Jandt reinforces the important roles that our own personal experiences, stories, and self-reflection play in building our intercultural understanding and competence.
New to the 9th Edition:
- ‘Focus on Technology’ boxes illustrate the impact of the latest communication technology on intercultural encounters.
- New material on religion and identity, gender expression, and gender identity enables readers to explore the most current coverage on modern theories.
- Focus on Skills boxes have been expanded to include more activities that provide students with additional practice of intercultural communication skills.
- The popular map program provides college students with additional context for discussion of cultures and regions across the globe and dynamic data displays that are popular with students.
Give your students the SAGE edge! (not included in this package). SAGE edge offers a robust online environment featuring an impressive array of free tools and resources for review, study, and further exploration, keeping both instructors and students on the cutting edge of learning AND teaching.