Caring for the Vulnerable (5th Edition) by Chesnay and Anderson – eBook
- Authors: Mary De Chesnay, Barbara Anderson
- File Size: 482 MB
- Format: PDF
- Length: 468 pages
- Publisher: Jones & Bartlett Learning; 5th edition
- Publication Date: February 5, 2019
- Language: English
- ASIN: B07NH1GR8C
- ISBN-10: 1284146812
- ISBN-13: 9781284146813
Caring for the Vulnerable: Perspectives in Nursing Theory, Practice, and Research 5th edition (PDF) focuses on vulnerable populations and how nurses can care for them, conduct research, develop programs for them, and influence health policy. Units 1 and 2 focus on theories and concepts; Unit 3 on research; Units 4, 5, and 6 on practice-oriented measures, including teaching nursing students to work with vulnerable clients and patients; and Unit 7 on policy. The textbook provides a comprehensive treatment of issues related to vulnerable populations, a broad overview of material critical to working with these populations, outstanding contributors who are experts in what they write, and a global focus.
The latest 5th Edition will be a major overhaul, as each new edition of this textbook has been. There will be a total of 31 new chapters focusing on emerging and new research on vulnerable populations. This textbook is generally used as a supplement in a wide variety of courses – from population health to health promotion to, to global health.
New to the 5th Edition:
31 new chapters focusing on new and emerging research on vulnerable populations, exploring topics such as:
- Health Care in Mexico
- HIV Prevention Education
- Caring for the Transgender Community
- The intersection of Racial Disparities and Privilege in Women’s Health
- Caring for Vulnerable Populations: Outcomes with the DNP-Prepared Nurse
With some chapters delving into key clinical topics in identified regions, such as:
- Opioid Abuse and Diversion Prevention in Rural Eastern Kentucky
- The Effects of Gun Trauma on Rural Montana Healthcare Providers
5th edition will continue to focus more on DNP authors and assess each chapter for relevance to DNP-prepared nurses.
NOTE: This sale only includes the ebook Caring for the Vulnerable 5th edition in PDF. No access codes come with it.