Corporate Finance: Theory and Practice (5th Edition) – eBook
- Authors: Pierre Vernimmen, Pascal Quiry, Maurizio Dallocchio, Yann Le Fur, Antonio Salvi
- File Size: 12 MB
- Length: 988 pages
- Publisher: Wiley; 5th edition
- Publication Date: October 17, 2017
- Language: English
- ASIN: B076JMXRVF
- ISBN-10: 1119424488
- ISBN-13: 9781119424482
The essential corporate finance textbook, updated with latest new data
Corporate Finance: Theory and Practice 5th edition (PDF) has long been a favourite among both college students and professionals in the field for its unique blend of theory and practice with a truly global perspective. The fact that the authors are well-known academics and professionals in the world of investments and ‘mergers and acquisitions’ (M&A) explains this popularity. This new 5th Edition continues the tradition, offering a comprehensive tour of the field through scenario-based instruction that places applications and concepts in parallel. A new chapter has been added, devoted to the financial management of operating buildings that aims to answer questions such as, “to rent or to own?” “fixed or variable rents?” etc. The ebook’s companion website features graphs and charts, regularly updated statistics, along with study aids including case studies, quizzes, articles, lecture notes and computer models, reflecting the best-selling author team’s deep commitment to facilitating well-rounded knowledge of corporate finance topics. In addition, a monthly free newsletter keeps the students updated on the latest developments in corporate finance as well as the book’s Facebook page, which publishes a daily post.
Financial concepts can be quite complex, but a familiar setting eases understanding while immediate application promotes retention over simple memorisation. As comprehensive, relevant skills are the goal, this textbook blends industry and academic perspective with the latest practical and regulatory developments to provide a complete corporate finance education with real-world applicability.
- Access up-to-date data, plus case studies, quizzes, lecture notes and more
- Learn essential concepts, tools and techniques by delving into real-world applications
- Explore the field from a truly European perspective for a more global knowledge base
- Blend theory and practice to gain a more relevant understanding of corporate finance concepts
A good financial manager must be able to analyse a company’s economic, financial and strategic situation, and then value it, all while mastering the conceptual underpinnings of all decisions involved. By emphasising the ways in which concepts impact and relate to real-world situations, Corporate Finance: Theory and Practice 5e PDF provides exceptional preparation for working productively and effectively in the field.
FROM BACK COVER
Corporate Finance: Theory and Practice 5th edition continues to hold sway as one of the most popular financial textbooks available, thanks to its 4 unique features:
- Free monthly finance updates with The Vernimmen.com Newsletter, which currently has over 65,000 subscribers.
- A presentation of concepts that explain situations, followed by a discussion of techniques in a succinct and direct style.
- Content enriched by the www.vernimmen.com website, which, with 2,000 daily visitors, is one of the world’s leading sites for teaching finance.
- A balanced blend of practice and theory: the authors hold academic positions at top-ranking colleges, universities and business schools and are also private investors, financial managers or sit on the boards of listed and unlisted companies.
The authors draw on their dual experience to enhance and expand the content of the PDF ebook through the inclusion of a new chapter on the financial management of operating real estate.
“I opened my first Vernimmen in 1982. After having spent just a few weekends reading it, I felt better equipped for my role in financial management at Paribas. Now at Apax, the Vernimmen remains my companion in my search for value creation (key in the private equity industry).”
— MONIQUE COHEN, Associated Director at Apex Partners
“The textbook itself covers all the important techniques that a financial manager must have in his repertoire of tools. The exposition is concise and clear and, most importantly, relies on commonsense reasoning throughout. This is not an ebook with obscure formulae, yet is still rigorous and at the same time a model of clarity.”
— RICHARD ROLL, Joel Fried Professor of Applied Finance at UCLA Anderson School of Management
“Vernimmen’s Corporate Finance 5e is an outstanding clear and complete manual, a wonderful merger of theory and practice. Its coverage of the market aspects of corporate finance distinguishes its content, but its treatment of all the material makes it essential reading for the student, financier or industrialist.”
— HOWARD JONES, Senior Research Fellow in Finance at Saeed Business School, University of Oxford
“The Vernimmen: proof that an outstanding teaching approach and genuine accessibility are fully compatible with comprehensive and sharp analyses.”
— CHRISTIAN MULLIEZ, Executive Vice-President and Chief Financial Officer, L’Oréal