Culture Counts: A Concise Introduction to Cultural Anthropology (4th Edition) – eBook
- Authors: Serena Nanda, Richard L. Warms
- File Size: 39 MB
- Format: PDF
- Length: 432 pages
- Publisher: Cengage Learning; 4th edition
- Publication Date: January 10, 2017
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1337109681
- ISBN-13: 9781337109680
Culture Counts, 4th Edition, (PDF) is a brief introduction to anthropology focusing on the concept of culture. With this textbook, you will gain a better understanding of the world today and how you can interact cross-culturally, solve problems, and effect positive change. The authors draw you into the ebook’s concepts via engaging ethnographic storytelling and a conversational writing style that connects you to the topics. Student’s will explore contemporary issues, issues of gender, issues of globalization, and issues of equalities and inequalities — all topics that are important to both the study of anthropology and your understanding of the world around you.
- Using Anthropology: Each chapter includes a named section on applied anthropology. These sections highlight the work of specific anthropologists who are engaged in critical work outside of the university.
- Opening ethnographic case story: Each chapter opens with a high-interest ethnographic case story that highlights the central issues of the chapter and the importance of understanding the role that culture plays in people’s behavior.
- Photos, maps, charts, glossary: Every chapter is furnished with photos carefully chosen by the authors. Many of the photos are from sources available only to them. Every photo has a carefully considered caption and each is linked to a specific passage.
- Learning Objectives: Every chapter begins with a list of 5-10 learning objectives stated in measurable terms derived from Bloom’s Taxonomy of Educational Objectives. This prepares students to read the chapter and helps them assess their understanding.
- Bringing it Back Home: Each chapter concludes with a section that highlights the ways in which anthropological thinking helps us engage with critical contemporary cultural issues. Every section ends with a series of questions that ask students to apply their knowledge.
P.S We also have Culture Counts: A Concise Introduction to Cultural Anthropology 4th edition testbank and other instructor resources for sale. Contact for info.
NOTE: This sale only includes Culture Counts: A Concise Introduction to Cultural Anthropology 4e in PDF. No access codes included.