Energy for Sustainable Society: From Resources to Users – eBook
- Authors: Oguz A. Soysal, Hilkat S. Soysal
- File Size: 13 MB
- Format: PDF
- Length: 552 Pages
- Publisher: Wiley; 1st edition
- Publication Date: May 18, 2020
- Language: English
- ASIN: B088W8GJP7
- ISBN-10: 1119561302, 1119561353
- ISBN-13: 9781119561309, 9781119561354
A handbook of sustainable energy, including entire energy aspects from present status to future alternatives under one umbrella
Energy for Sustainable Society: From Resources to Users, (PDF) takes an interdisciplinary system approach for assessing energy systems so that readers can get the necessary technical foundation to execute their own performance evaluations and understand their connections with socioeconomic indicators. Topics include the present and future availability of primary sources, energy supply chain, security of energy supply, conversion between different forms of energy, and efficient end-use of energy sources. Every chapter provides readers with comprehensive background information, a plan of the current technologies, and potential future developments. The ebook also examines the global, economic, ethical, societal, and environmental issues associated with currently used energy technologies.
Energy for Sustainable Society: From Resources to Users starts with a general outline of energy systems and describes the key elements of energy transformation and supply chain. It then talks about interdisciplinary career opportunities in the “energy engineering” field. The basic concepts of energy conversion, transmission, and load flow in electrical systems are included, as are unconventional and conventional fossil fuels, and the fundamentals of nuclear power generation and reactor types. Other chapters look at: the basic concepts of gas turbines, and thermodynamics and basic operation of steam turbines, combined cycle heat engines used in fossil fuel and nuclear power plants; existing technologies in hydroelectric power generation; energy security issues; renewable and alternative energy sources; and more.
- Contains an exclusive chapter on energy security issues
- Offers the status of the share of renewable sources in the current and future energy supply mix
- Offers solved examples, self-assessment quizzes, case studies, and problems to enhance the understanding of readers
- Includes up-to-date information on renewable energy technologies such as grid-tie, net-zero energy, battery backup, and utility-independent microgrids
Energy for Sustainable Society provides readers a solid foundation to study energy-related subjects and is an ideal ebook for the first course on energy systems for upper-division undergraduate and first-year graduate students.
NOTE: The product only includes the ebook Energy for Sustainable Society: From Resources to Users in PDF. No access codes are included.