Fundamentals of Linear Algebra by Chahal – eBook
- Author: J.S. Chahal
- File Size: 1 MB
- Format: PDF
- Length: 240 Pages
- Publisher: Chapman and Hall/CRC; 1st edition
- Publication Date: December 7, 2018
- Language: English
- ASIN: B07KY3F367
- ISBN-10: 1138590509, 0429425473, 0429758103
- ISBN-13: 9781138590502, 9780429425479, 9780429758102
Chahal’s Fundamentals of Linear Algebra (PDF) is like no other ebook on the subject. By following a unified and natural approach to the subject it has, in less than 250 pages, achieved a more thorough coverage of the topic than ebooks with more than twice as many pages. For instance, the textbooks in use in the United States prove the existence of a basis only for finite-dimensional vector spaces. This ebook proves it for any given vector space.
With his experience in algebraic geometry and commutative algebra, the author, J.S. Chahal, in Fundamentals of Linear Algebra (Textbooks in Mathematics) explains the dimension of a vector space as its Krull dimension. By doing so, most of the details about bases when the dimension is finite, are trivial consequences of this definition. To name one, the replacement theorem is not needed anymore. It becomes evident that any two bases of a finite-dimensional vector space include the same number of vectors. Furthermore, this definition of the dimension works equally well when the geometric objects are nonlinear.
- The topic of linear algebra is presented over arbitrary fields
- Includes several non-trivial examples which address real-world problems
- Presents theories and applications in an effort to raise expectations and outcomes
NOTE: The product only includes the ebook Fundamentals of Linear Algebra in PDF. No access codes are included.