Game Play: Therapeutic Use of Games with Children and Adolescents (3rd Edition) – eBook
- Authors: Jessica Stone, Charles E. Schaefer
- File Size: 1.57 MB
- Format: PDF
- Length: 288 pages
- Publisher: Wiley; 3rd Edition
- Publication Date: October 24, 2019
- Language: English
- ASIN: B07ZL6GHBQ
- ISBN-10: 1119553768
- ISBN-13: 9781119553762
The updated and revised Game Play Therapy, 3rd Edition, (PDF) provides psychologists and psychiatrists a guide to gameplay therapy’s theoretical foundations and includes the practical applications that are suitable for children and adolescents. Game playing has confirmed to invoke more goal-directed behavior, has the advantage of interpersonal interaction, and can perform a major role in the adaptation to one’s environment. With contributions from renowned experts in the field, the third edition contains information on the time-tested, classic games and the latest innovations and advances in game play approaches.
Game Play Therapy’s revised 3rd edition (like the previous editions) continues to fulfill a gap in the literature by proposing mental health practitioners the information required to understand why and how to use this intervention effectively. The contributors offer recommendations for choosing the most valuable games from over 700 now available and describe the basics of administering the games. This important updated book:
- Contains illustrative case studies that explore the process of game therapy
- Reviews the basics of the fundamental principles and applications of game therapy
- Provides a wide range of games with empirical evidence of the effectiveness of game therapy
- Includes material on the latest advances in the field including information on electronic games and disorder-specific games
Written for psychiatrists, psychologists, and other mental health clinicians, the updated third edition of Game Play Therapy offers a guide that demonstrates how to apply game therapy techniques to encourage the development of identity and self-esteem, promote socialization, and help individuals master anxiety.
NOTE: The product includes the ebook, Game Play Therapy, 3rd Edition, in PDF. No access codes are included.