Graphic Design Thinking: Beyond Brainstorming – eBook
- Authors: Ellen Lupton, Jennifer Cole Phillips
- File Size: 137 MB
- Format: PDF
- Length: 184 pages
- Publisher: Princeton Architectural Press
- Publication Date: July 27, 2011
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1568989792
- ISBN-13: 9781568989792
Legendary designer Ellen Lupton explains the creative process in another essential graphic design ebook.
Graphic Design Thinking, (PDF) examines a variety of techniques to stimulate fresh thinking to arrive at viable and compelling solutions. Every approach is explained with a concise narrative textbook followed by a number of visual demonstrations and case studies. Lupton’s close-up, hands-on approach, made famous with Thinking with Type, makes the creative process accessible to anyone and eliminates the myth that creativity is an inborn talent.
Offers a wide range of methods applicable to any brainstorming scenario.
- Learn to approach problems through interviewing, focus groups, brand mapping, and co-design
- From informal strategies that are ideal for fast, seat-of-the-pants thinking, to formal research methods
- Techniques are grouped around the three fundamental phases of the design process: defining the problem, devising ideas, and creating form
Includes discussions with leading professional designers. Art Chantry, Ivan Chermayeff, Steven Heller, Jessica Helfand, Abbott Miller, Christoph Niemann, Paula Scher, and Martin Venezk reveal how they get ideas and beat blocks to creativity.
Graphic Design Thinking is directed at design students, working designers, and anyone who wants to apply inventive thought patterns to daily creative challenges in the design process.