Introduction to Compressible Fluid Flow (2nd Edition) – eBook
- Authors: Patrick H. Oosthuizen, William E. Carscallen
- File Size: 49 MB
- Format: PDF
- Length: 580 pages
- Publisher: CRC Press; 2nd edition
- Publication Date: July 22, 2013
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00EYRO092
- ISBN-10: 1439877912
- ISBN-13: 9781439877913
Introduction to Compressible Fluid Flow, 2nd Edition (PDF) offers extensive coverage of the physical phenomena experienced incompressible flow. Updated and revised, the second edition provides a thorough explanation of the assumptions used in the analysis of compressible flows. It develops in students an understanding of what causes compressible flows to differ from incompressible flows and how they can be analyzed. This book also offers a strong foundation for more advanced and focused study.
The ebook Introduction to Compressible Fluid Flow 2e begins with discussions of the analysis of isentropic flows, of normal and oblique shock waves, and of expansion waves. The final chapters deal with nozzle characteristics, friction effects, heat exchange effects, a hypersonic flow, high-temperature gas effects, and low-density flows. This book applies real-world applications and gives greater attention to supporting software and its practical application.
- Replaces BASIC language programs with MATLAB® routines
- Avails COMPROP2 software which readers can use to do compressible flow computation
- Includes numerical results obtained using a modern commercial CFD (computer fluid dynamics) code to illustrate the type of results that can be obtained using such a code
Additional problems have been added, and non-numerical problems illustrating practical applications have been included. A solutions manual that contains complete solutions to all of the problems in this book is available. The manual incorporates the same problem-solving methodology as adopted in the worked examples in this book. It also provides summaries of the major equations developed in each chapter. An interactive computer program also accompanies this book.