Juvenile Delinquency: Theory, Practice, and Law 12th Edition by Siegel and Welsh – eBook
- Authors: Dr. Larry J. Siegel, Brandon C. Welsh
- Format: PDF (This is a manually scanned copy of the actual book)
- Length: 710 pages
- Publisher: Wadsworth Publishing; 12th edition
- Publication Date: 28th Feb, 2014
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00H7HU4B4
- ISBN-10: 1285458400
- ISBN-13: 9781285458403
Unrivaled in its present coverage of topics, the best-selling Juvenile Delinquency: Theory, Practice, And Law, 12th edition (PDF) offers you with timely coverage of theory, policy, and the most recent research. Praised for its balanced approach and for the authors’ engaging writing fashion, this PDF eBook will assist you to understand the nature of delinquency and its causes, as well as current strategies being used to control or eradicate its occurrence. You will study emerging types of gang activities, DNA evidence in a juvenile courtroom, school-based delinquency prevention, and plenty of other timely issues.
Features & Benefits
- Engaging boxed features present additional info on topics essential to the field. “Focus on Delinquency” covers controversial issues and exciting new analysis, while “Policy and Practice” discuss major initiatives and programs regarding juvenile justice.
- Casefile assignments (“Youth Stories”) in each chapter present a short, real-life case accompanied by essential thinking questions and activities, enhancing the relevancy of the text material and better-preparing college students for the sorts of challenges they could face if they pursue a profession in the criminal justice system.
- An emphasis on evidence-based policies and practices — what works — is accomplished by way of “Evidence-Based Practice: Prevention/Intervention/Treatment” boxed features. These features focus on such modern initiatives as the popular restorative justice initiative “Family Group Conferencing (FGC)” and the groundbreaking Homeboy Industries.
- Modern and thoroughly up to date, the eTextBook presents examples in every chapter, including the most recent research, tendencies, and up-to-date reviews of recent legal cases and policy initiatives. Discussions of high-profile current issues such as bullying, developments in juvenile sentencing law, the rise in violent crimes committed by female juveniles, police/juvenile interaction, and plenty of other topics keep the ebook on the cutting edge of the discipline.
P.S A newer edition is also available! See related products below
NOTE: THIS IS A BLACK AND WHITE SCANNED COPY