Language Disorders from Infancy Through Adolescence: Listening, Speaking, Reading, Writing and Communicating (5th Edition) – eBook
- Authors: Rhea Paul, Courtenay Norbury, Carolyn Gosse
- File Size: 35 MB
- Format: PDF
- Length: 1863 Pages
- Publisher: Mosby; 5th edition
- Publication Date: November 15, 2017
- Language: English
- ASIN: B07856JLCV
- ISBN-10: 032344234X, 0323442366
- ISBN-13: 9780323442343, 9780323442367
Spanning the whole childhood developmental period, Language Disorders from Infancy Through Adolescence, 5th Edition, (PDF) is the go-to textbook for learning how to properly evaluate childhood language disorders and present appropriate treatment. The most comprehensive title available on childhood language disorders, it uses a descriptive-developmental approach to provide basic concepts and vocabulary, an overview of key issues and controversies, the scope of communicative difficulties that make up child language disorders, and information on how language pathologists approach the assessment and intervention processes. This new Fifth Edition also includes significant updates in research, social skills assessment, trends, and instruction best practices.
- Social skills training for students with autism
- Use of evolving technologies for assessment and intervention
- Information on training high-functioning students with autism for college
- NEW! Updated content features the latest research, trends, theories, and techniques in the field.
- The role of the speech-language pathologist on school literacy teams and in response to intervention
- UNIQUE! Practice exercises with sample transcripts enable you to apply different methods of analysis.
- NEW! Common core standards for language arts integrated into the preschool and school-age chapters.
- Developing theories of etiology and psychopathology added to Models of Child Language Disorders chapter.
- Student/Professional Resources on Evolve include video clips, an image bank, and references linked to PubMed.
- UNIQUE! Helpful study guides at the end of every chapter help you review and implement what you have learned.
- Clinical application focus including clinical vignettes, case studies, and suggested projects helps you apply concepts to professional practice.
- Highly regarded lead author who is skilled in language disorders in children presents authoritative guidance on the diagnosis and management of pediatric language disorders.
- Over 230 tables and boxes summarize important information such as dialogue examples, assessment and intervention principles, sample assessment plans, activities, and sample transcripts.
NOTE: The product only includes Language Disorders from Infancy Through Adolescence: Listening, Speaking, Reading, Writing and Communicating 5th Edition in PDF. No access codes are included.