Modern Statistics for the Social and Behavioral Sciences: A Practical Introduction (2nd Edition) – eBook
- Author: Rand R. Wilcox
- File Size: 4 MB
- Format: PDF
- Length: 731 pages
- Publisher: Chapman and Hall/CRC; 2nd Edition
- Publication Date: August 15, 2017
- Language: English
- ASIN: B074TW42DR
- ISBN-10: 1498796788
- ISBN-13: 9781498796781
Requiring no previous training, Modern Statistics for the Social and Behavioral Sciences, 2nd Edition, (PDF/ePub) provides a two-semester, graduate-level introduction to basic statistical techniques that takes into account the latest advances and insights that are typically ignored in an introductory course.
Thousands of journal articles make it clear that basic techniques, routinely taught and used, can perform poorly when dealing with skewed distributions, outliers, heteroscedasticity (unequal variances), and curvature. Methods for dealing with these problems have been derived and can provide a deeper, more accurate, and more nuanced understanding of data. A conceptual basis is given for understanding when and why standard methods can have poor power and yield misleading measures of effect size. Modern techniques for dealing with known concerns are explained and illustrated.
Features of the Second edition:
- Includes an R package with over 1300 functions
- Provides numerous illustrations using the software R
- Presents an in-depth description of both classic and modern methods
- Includes a solution manual giving detailed answers to all of the exercises
- Explains and illustrates why recent advances can provide more power and a deeper understanding of data
This 2nd edition describes many latest advances relevant to basic techniques. For instance, a vast array of new and improved methods is now available for dealing with regression, including substantially improved ANCOVA techniques. The coverage of multiple comparison procedures has been expanded and new ANOVA techniques are described.
NOTE: The product includes the ebook, Modern Statistics for the Social and Behavioral Sciences 2nd Edition in PDF and ePub. No access codes are included.