Pathophysiology of Disease: An Introduction to Clinical Medicine (8th Edition) – eBook
- Authors: Gary D. Hammer, Stephen J. McPhee
- File Size: 70 MB
- Format: PDF
- Length: 832 pages
- Publisher: McGraw-Hill Education / Medical; 8th edition
- Publication Date: November 30, 2018
- Language: English
- ASIN: B07L3CJ39K
- ISBN-10: 1260026507
- ISBN-13: 9781260026504
The goal of this trusted textbook, Pathophysiology of Disease: An Introduction to Clinical Medicine, 8th edition (PDF) is to introduce you to clinical medicine by reviewing the pathophysiologic basis of 132 diseases (and associated signs and symptoms) commonly encountered in medical practice. The authors, all experts in their respective fields, have provided a concise review of relevant normal structure and function of each body system, followed by a description of the pathophysiologic mechanisms that underlie several common diseases related to that system. The accessible presentation features high-quality full-color illustrations, and numerous tables and diagrams.
A full-color case-based review of the essentials of pathophysiology covering all major organs and systems. More than 130 case studies with Q&A
A Doody’s Core Title for 2019!
Each chapter of Pathophysiology of Disease 8e concludes with a collection of case studies and questions designed to test your understanding of the pathophysiology of each clinical entity discussed. These case studies allow you to apply your knowledge to specific clinical situations. Detailed answers to each case study question are provided at the end of the ebook.
This unique interweaving of physiological and pathological concepts will put you on the path toward thinking about symptoms and signs in terms of their pathophysiologic basis, giving you an understanding of the “why” behind illness and treatment.
HERE ARE SOME OF THE MANY UPDATES AND ADDITIONS in Pathophysiology of Disease 8e:
- Totally revised chapter on neoplasia
- Updated references throughout the ebook
- More than 2/3 of the chapters are enhanced and refreshed by the input of new contributors
- Updates on fine-needle aspiration biopsy of thyroid nodules, and thyroid disorders in pregnancy
- New chapter sections on spinocerebellar ataxia, urticaria, idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis, and spondyloarthropathies
- 12 additional case studies, bringing the total to 132, one for each of the clinical entities discussed in the ebook’s 24 chapters
- New diagnosis and etiologic classification of diabetes mellitus, and review of mechanisms of newest pharmacologic agents for its treatment
- New tables summarizing adverse prognostic signs in acute pancreatitis, genetic syndromes associated with pancreatic cancer, and causes of end-stage renal disease.
P.S We may also have Pathophysiology of Disease: An Introduction to Clinical Medicine 8e test bank and other instructor resources for sale. Contact for more info.
NOTE: This sale only includes the ebook Pathophysiology of Disease 8th edition in PDF