Physics in Biology and Medicine (5th Edition) – eBook
- Author: Paul Davidovits
- File Size: 24 MB
- Format: PDF
- Length: 376 Pages
- Publisher: Academic Press; 5th edition
- Publication Date: November 28, 2018
- Language: English
- ASIN: B07L1QDJ5T
- ISBN-10: 0128137169, 0128137177
- ISBN-13: 9780128137161, 9780128137178
A best-selling resource, Paul Davidovits’ Physics in Biology and Medicine, 5th Edition, (PDF) offers a high-quality and highly relevant physics grounding for students working toward careers in the medical and relevant professions. The ebook does not assume a previous background in physics but provides it as required. It discusses biological systems that can be evaluated quantitatively and demonstrates how advances in the life sciences have been assisted by the knowledge of physical or engineering analysis techniques, with applications, practice, and illustrations throughout.
Physics in Biology and Medicine 5th Edition includes new material and related exercises on many exciting developments in the field since the previous edition, including biomechanics of joint replacement; tribology and frictional properties of biological materials like saliva, hair, and skin; 3-D printing and its use in medicine; microfluidics and its applications to medicine; new materials in dentistry; health, fractals, and the second law of thermodynamics; bioelectronic medicine; the role of myelin in learning, cryoelectron microscopy; microsensors in medicine; clinical uses of sound; health impact of nanoparticle in polluted air.
This revised edition provides a concise and engaging introduction to the role and importance of physics in biology and medicine. It is perfect for courses in biophysics, medical physics, and related subjects.
- Features an Instructor Solutions Manual at textbooks.elsevier.com.
- Provides material in a straightforward manner requiring very little prior knowledge of physics or biology.
- Presents practical information and techniques for applying knowledge of physics to the study of living systems.
- Includes many figures, illustrative problems and appendices, examples, which provide convenient access to the important concepts of electricity, mechanics, and optics used in the textbook.
NOTE: The product only includes the ebook Physics in Biology and Medicine 5e in PDF. No access codes are included.