Precalculus with Calculus Previews (6th Edition) – eBook
- Authors: Dennis G. Zill, Jacqeuline M. Dewar
- File Size: 37 MB
- Format: PDF
- Length: 664 pages
- Publisher: Jones & Bartlett Learning; 6th edition
- Publication Date: November 17, 2015
- Language: English
- ASIN: B019ZP3CN2
- ISBN-10: 1284077268
- ISBN-13: 9781284077261
Building off the success of Dennis Zill and Jacqueline Dewar’s popular Essentials version, the new Precalculus with Calculus Previews, 6th edition, (PDF) continues to include all of the outstanding learning tools and features found in the original textbook while incorporating additional topics of coverage that some courses may require. With a continued effort to keep the textbook complete, yet concise, the expert authors have expanded the number of chapters making the ebook a clear choice for many mainstream courses. Additional material includes rotation of conics in the rectangular coordinate system, mathematical induction, sequences and series, systems of equations, partial fractions, the Binomial Theorem, a brief introduction to counting and probability, systems of inequalities, and a full discussion of complex numbers.
This college student-friendly, full-color textbook offers numerous exercise sets and examples to aid in understanding and learning, and graphs and figures throughout serve to better illuminate key concepts. The exercise sets include engaging problems that focus on graphing, algebra, and function theory, the subtext of so many calculus problems. The authors are careful to use the terminology of calculus in an informal and comprehensible way to facilitate the student’s successful transition into future calculus courses.
New to the 6th Edition:
- Many sections have been rewritten to increase clarity and improve student understanding
- Increased number of Calculator/Computer Problems and For Discussion Problems throughout the textbook
- An expanded Final Examination consists of fill-in-the-blank questions, true/false questions, and review exercises
- Increased number of student aids throughout the text including, examples, figures, marginal annotations, in-example guideline annotations, and Notes from the Classroom sections
And much more!
‘Translating Words into Functions’ section illustrates how to translate a verbal description into a symbolic representation of a function and demonstrates these translations with actual calculus problems.
‘Chapter Review Exercises’ include problems that focus on graphing, function theory and algebra, the sub-text of so many calculus problems. Review questions include conceptual fill-in-the-blank and true-false questions, as well as numerous thought-provoking exercises.
‘The Calculus Preview’ found at the end of every chapter offers college students a glimpse of a single calculus concept along with the logarithmic, algebraic, and trigonometric manipulations that are necessary for the successful completion of typical problems related to that concept.