Principles of Financial Engineering (3rd Edition) – eBook
- Authors: Robert Kosowski, Salih N. Neftci
- File Size: 11 MB
- Format: PDF
- Length: 867 pages
- Publisher: Academic Press
- Publication Date: November 26, 2014
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00QIHRDHW
- ISBN-10: 0123869684
- ISBN-13: 9780123869685
Principles of Financial Engineering, 3rd Edition, (PDF) is a highly acclaimed textbook on the complex and fast-paced subject of financial engineering. This updated 3rd edition describes the “engineering” elements of financial engineering instead of the mathematics underlying it. It shows how to use financial tools to accomplish a goal rather than describing the actual tools themselves. It lays emphasis on the engineering aspects of derivatives (and how to create them) rather than their pricing (and how they act) in relation to the financial markets, other instruments, and financial market practices.
This volume explains ways to create financial tools and how the tools work together to achieve specific goals. Applications are illustrated using real-world examples. It presents 3 new chapters on financial engineering in topics ranging from commodity markets to financial engineering applications in hedge fund strategies, structural models of default, correlation swaps, contingent convertibles, capital structure arbitrage, and how to incorporate counterparty risk into derivatives pricing. Poised midway between intuition, actual events, and financial mathematics, this ebook can be used to solve problems in taxation, risk management, regulation, and above all, pricing. A solutions manual enhances the textbook by presenting additional cases and solutions to exercises.
This latest third edition of Kosowski’s Principles of Financial Engineering is ideal for financial engineers, quantitative analysts in banks and investment houses, and other financial industry professionals. It is also highly recommended to graduate students in financial mathematics and financial engineering programs.
- The solutions manual enhances the textbook by presenting additional cases and solutions to exercises
- Clarifications, additions, and illustrations throughout the volume show these instruments at work instead of explaining how they should act
- The 3rd Edition presents three new chapters on financial engineering in commodity markets, financial engineering applications in hedge fund strategies, correlation swaps, capital structure arbitrage, contingent convertibles, structural models of default, and how to incorporate counterparty risk into derivatives pricing, among other topics.