Principles of Psychology by Marc Breedlove – eBook
- Author: Marc Breedlove
- File Size: 344 MB
- Format: PDF
- Length: 736 pages
- Publisher: Sinauer Associates is an imprint of Oxford University Press
- Publication Date: January 2, 2015
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0199329362, 0190237449
- ISBN-13: 9780199329366, 9780190237448
Organized around four well-known core principles, Principles of Psychology, (PDF) offers college students a framework to comprehend the science of behavior. Written in an informal style, the textbook is organized around the following four well-known principles that serve as touchstones for the arena of psychology:
- The mind is a process at work in a physical machine, the brain.
- We are consciously mindful of only a fraction of our mental activity.
- Experience physically changes the structure and function of the brain.
- We constantly alter our beliefs, behavior, and attitudes according to what we perceive about the people around us.
With these four principles as an outline for the textbook, Breedlove’s Principles of Psychology stresses that psychology is a science through discussion of the related big picture and proven concepts and innovative research-based investigations that examine psychological, behavioral, and neuroscience experiments. By presenting facts and data from other scientific disciplines, as well as real-world stories and vignettes, Marc Breedlove teaches the reader how to think scientifically and critically about the underlying mechanisms of behavior.