Psychopathology: History, Diagnosis and Empirical Foundations (3rd Edition) – eBook
- Authors: W. Edward Craighead, David J. Miklowitz, Linda W. Craighead
- File Size: 4 MB
- Format: PDF
- Length: 916 Pages
- Publisher: Wiley; 3rd edition
- Publication Date: January 30, 2017
- Language: English
- ASIN: B07JL7XFKL
- ISBN-10: 1119221730, 1119221757
- ISBN-13: 9781119221739, 9781119221753
A contemporary take on adult disorders, incorporating context, research, and more
Psychopathology: History, Diagnosis and Empirical Foundations 3rd Edition, (PDF) offers unique, state-of-the-art coverage of adult psychopathology as categorical, evidence-based, and continuously developing. Comprehensive coverage includes a detailed examination of DSM disorders, including description, epidemiology, consequences, prevalence, neurobiological and translational research, treatment, and more, with every chapter written by experts in the field. Mapped to the DSM-5, each chapter features clinical case examples that illustrate how psychopathology and assessment influence treatment. This new Psychopathology 3e has been updated to correspond with the latest thinking on sleep-wake disorders, alcohol and substance use disorders, and personality disorders. Students will dive into the DSM system’s limitations and strengths, and they will achieve deeper insight into the historical context in which today’s diagnoses are made.
Progressing research continues to widen the boundaries of psychopathology beyond traditional lines, disclosing its complexity while at the same time extending our understanding of these disorders and how to manage them. This ebook goes beyond DSM descriptions to offer a comprehensive look at the whole disorder, from assessment through treatment and beyond.
- Learn the neurobiological and genetic factors related to each disorder
- Assess DSM-5 classifications matched with illustrative case examples
- Comprehend related behavioral, cognitive, social, and emotional effects
- Probe into translational research, assessment methodologies, and treatment
Contributions from experts in each disorder provide exceptional insight into all aspects of theory and clinical care. Psychopathology: History, Diagnosis and Empirical Foundations 3rd edition helps college students see the whole disorder—and the whole patient.
NOTE: The product only includes the ebook Psychopathology, 3rd Edition in PDF. No access codes are included.