R Companion to Elementary Applied Statistics – eBook
- Author: Christopher Hay-Jahans
- File Size: 5 MB
- Format: PDF
- Length: 376 pages
- Publisher: Chapman and Hall/CRC
- Publication Date: January 2, 2019
- Language: English
- ASIN: B07MDXXV92
- ISBN-10: 1138329258
- ISBN-13: 9781138329256
The R Companion to Elementary Applied Statistics (PDF) includes traditional applications covered in elementary statistics courses as well as some additional methods that address questions that might arise during or after the application of commonly used methods. Beginning with basic tasks and computations with R, readers are then guided through ways to bring data into R, manipulate the data as needed, perform common statistical computations and elementary exploratory data analysis tasks, prepare customized graphics, and take advantage of R for a wide range of methods that find use in many elementary applications of statistics.
- Requires no familiarity with R or programming to begin using this ebook.
- Presents quite a few methods that may be considered non-traditional, or advanced.
- Includes accompanying carefully documented script files that contain code for all examples presented
- It contains an extensive array of examples that illustrate ideas on various ways to use pre-packaged routines, as well as on developing individualized code.
- It can be used as a resource for a project-based elementary applied statistics course, or for researchers and professionals who wish to delve more deeply into R.
R is a powerful and free product that is gaining popularity across the scientific community in both the professional and academic arenas. Statistical methods discussed in this ebook are used to introduce the fundamentals of using R functions and provide ideas for developing further skills in writing R code. These ideas are illustrated through an extensive collection of examples.
NOTE: This product only includes the ebook R Companion to Elementary Applied Statistics in PDF. No access codes included.