Social Engineering: The Science of Human Hacking (2nd edition) – eBook
- Author: Christopher Hadnagy
- File Size: 11 MB
- Format: PDF
- Length: 320 pages
- Publisher: Wiley; 2nd edition
- Publication Date: June 25, 2018
- Language: English
- ASIN: B07F24YV2M
- ISBN-13: 9781119433385
- ISBN-10: 111943338X
Social Engineering: The Science of Human Hacking, 2nd edition (PDF) reveals the craftier side of the hacker’s repertoire—why hack into something when you could just ask for access? Undetectable by firewalls and antivirus software, social engineering relies on human fault to gain access to sensitive spaces; in this ebook, renowned expert Christopher Hadnagy explains the most commonly-used techniques that fool even the most robust security personnel, and shows you how these techniques have been used in the past. The way that we make decisions as humans affect everything from our emotions to our security. Social hackers, since the beginning of time, have figured out ways to exploit that decision-making process and get you to take any action, not in your best interest. This new Second Edition has been updated with the most current methods used by sharing examples, stories, and scientific study behind how those decisions are exploited.
Harden the human firewall against the most current threats
Networks and systems can be hacked, but they can also be protected; when the “system” in question is a human being, there is no software to fall back on, no hardware upgrade, no code that can lock information down indefinitely. Human nature and emotion is the secret weapon of the malicious social engineering, and this book shows you how to recognize, predict, and prevent this type of manipulation by taking you inside the social engineer’s bag of tricks.
- Adopt effective counter-measures to keep hackers at bay
- Discover which popular techniques generally don’t work in the real world
- Examine the most common social engineering tricks used to gain access
- Learn how social engineering factors into some of the biggest recent headline
- Learn how to use these skills as a professional social engineer and secure your company
- Examine how our understanding of the science behind emotions and decisions can be used by social engineers
By working from the social engineer’s playbook, you gain the advantage of foresight that can help you protect yourself and others from even their best efforts. Social Engineering gives you the inside information you need to mount an unshakeable defense.
NOTE: Only includes the ebook Social Engineering: The Science of Human Hacking 2e in PDF. No codes come with the sale.