Social Problems: Community, Policy, and Social Action (6th Edition) – eBook
- Author: Anna Leon-Guerrero
- File Size: 16 MB
- Format: ePub (converted PDF also available)
- Length: 480 pages
- Publisher: SAGE Publications, Inc; 6th edition
- Publication Date: July 19, 2018
- Language: English
- ASIN: B07GC765RR
- ISBN-10: 1506362729, 1544324081
- ISBN-13: 9781544324081, 9781506362724
The new Anna Leon-Guerrero’s Social Problems: Community, Policy, and Social Action, 6th edition (ePub/PDF) goes beyond the typical presentation of contemporary social problems and their consequences by emphasizing the effectiveness and importance of community involvement to achieve real solutions. With a really upbeat and bright tone, this thought-provoking textbook challenges readers to see the social and structural forces that determine our social problems; to consider various policies and programs that attempt to address these problems, and to recognize and learn how they can be part of the solution to social issues in their own community.
New to This Edition 6th Edition:
- New “In Focus” topics include assault weapons, Black Lives Matters and college drug problems.
- New “Voices in the Community” subjects on work, gender, and the economy, and war and terrorism appear in several chapters.
- More recent data and new data sources have been incorporated throughout, both in the main narrative and in the “Exploring Social Problems” features.
- Many of the social policy discussions (including immigration, the Affordable Care Act, LGBTQ rights, and Internet neutrality) have been updated to reflect the most recent government debates and actions.
- The chapter on gender has been substantially updated with expanded or new coverage of binary/transgender/cisgender/ identification, sexual misconduct on college campuses, gender nonconformity discrimination, and the rights of trans and intersex individuals.
- Other new or expanded coverage elsewhere includes economic anxiety, robotization in the workplace, feminist theories about race, “fake” news, net neutrality, white nationalists, gentrification and segregation in U.S. cities, community policing, and the immigration and environmental policies of the Trump administration.
P.S The eBook is in original ePub format. A converted PDF is available on request (but it won’t have page numbers that match the physical ebook)