The Handbook of Evolutionary Psychology, Volume 1: Foundation (2nd Edition) – eBook
- Author: David M. Buss
- File Size: 9 MB
- Format: PDF
- Length: 1025 Pages
- Publisher: Wiley; 2nd edition
- Publication Date: October 1, 2015
- Language: English
- ASIN: B0178N0Q00
- ISBN-10: 111875588X, 118755979
- ISBN-13: 9781118755884, 9781118763995, 9781118756027, 9781118755976
The essential reference tool for the innovative science of evolutionary psychology
Why is the mind made the way it is? How does input from the environment cooperate with the mind to produce behavior? These are the big, one-sided questions that the field of evolutionary psychology pursues to explore. The Handbook of Evolutionary Psychology, Volume 1: Foundation, 2nd Edition, (PDF) is the seminal work in this vibrant, quickly-developing new discipline. In this comprehensive revision and expansion, luminaries in the field present an in-depth exploration of the foundations of evolutionary psychology and describe the new empirical discoveries and theoretical developments that continue at an incredible pace.
Evolutionary psychologists suggest that the mind has a complex and specialized structure, just as the body has a specialized and complex structure. From this important theoretical concept arises the huge array of possibilities that are at the heart of the field, which seeks to explore such traits as perception, language, and memory from an evolutionary perspective. This examination is aimed to determine the human psychological traits that are the products of natural and sexual selection and, as such to chart and comprehend human nature.
- Enter the discussion of the big questions addressed by the growing field of evolutionary psychology
- Discover the foundations of evolutionary psychology, from theory and methods to the thoughts of EP critics
- Explore the psychology of human survival, parenting, mating, cooperation and conflict, culture, and more
- Recognize how evolutionary psychology is interwoven with other academic subjects and traditional psychological disciplines
The ebook is the definitive guide for every psychologist and student interested in keeping abreast of new ideas in this quickly developing field.
The Second Volume is also available. See related ebooks below.
NOTE: The product only includes the ebook, The Handbook of Evolutionary Psychology, Volume 1: Foundation, 2e in PDF. No access codes are included.