The Liver: Biology and Pathobiology (6th Edition) – eBook
- Authors: Irwin M. Arias, Harvey J. Alter, James L. Boyer, David E. Cohen, David A. Shafritz, Snorri S. Thorgeirsson, Allan W. Wolkoff
- File Size: 31 MB
- Format: PDF
- Length: 1144 pages
- Publisher: Wiley-Blackwell
- Publication Date: January 22, 2020
- Language: English
- ASIN: B0845W1Q2P
- ISBN-10: 1119436826
- ISBN-13: 9781119436829
The up-to-date edition of The Liver: Biology and Pathobiology, 6th Edition, (PDF) remains a conclusive volume in the field of hepatology, relating progress in biomedical sciences and engineering to comprehending liver structure, function, and disease pathology and treatment. Contributions from prominent researchers examine the cell biology of the liver, the pathobiology of liver disease, the liver’s regeneration, growth, metabolic functions, and more.
Now in its sixth edition, this classic ebook has been exhaustively revised to reflect new discoveries in biology and their impact on diagnosing, managing, and preventing liver disease. Seventy new chapters — including considerable original sections on liver cancer and revolutionary advances that will have a significant influence on hepatology — provide inclusive, fully up-to-date coverage of both the present state and future direction of hepatology. Topics include liver RNA structure and function, single-cell, gene editing, and single-molecule genomic analyses, drug interactions, the molecular biology of hepatitis, and engineered drug design, and liver disease mechanisms and therapies. Edited by globally-renowned experts in the field, this authoritative volume:
- Includes many full-color illustrations and figures
- Relates the science and pathology of the liver to practical clinical applications
- Links molecular physiology to understanding disease pathology and treatment
- Includes 16 new “Horizons” chapters that explore new and emerging science and technology
The Liver: Biology and Pathobiology, 6e is an essential resource for practicing and trainee hepatologists, hepatobiliary, gastroenterologists, and liver transplant surgeons, and scientists and researchers in areas including hepatology, virology, cell, and molecular biology, and drug metabolism.
NOTE: The product only includes the ebook The Liver: Biology and Pathobiology, 6th Edition in PDF. No access codes are included.