The NeuroICU Book by Kiwon Lee (2nd Edition) – eBook
- Author: Kiwon Lee
- File Size: 101 MB
- Format: PDF
- Length: 1104 pages
- Publisher: McGraw-Hill Medical; 2nd edition
- Publication Date: September 15, 2017
- Language: English
- ASIN: B072JP3T1V
- ISBN-10: 007184144X
- ISBN-13: 9780071841443
The NeuroICU Book 2nd edition (PDF) ebook is the acclaimed protocol-based guide to neurocritical care – essential for daily practice and the boards.
An immediate classic, this groundbreaking textbook is based on the premise that neurointensivists must be trained to handle not only the brain but the entire body. The NeuroICU Book, 2nd Edition does not limit coverage to the spine and brain – it spans all organ failures and insufficiencies – along with neurologic illnesses.
Thoroughly updated to keep pace with all the advances in this emerging field, The NeuroICU Book 2e combines the latest clinical perspectives in critical care neurology, medicine, and neurosurgery. This practical, evidence-based textbook standardizes neurocritical care and takes you through the rationale for those standards. Filled with detailed case studies and enhanced by a question-and-answer format, the ebook not only builds competency in recognizing acute changes in neurological function but also addresses all organ failures and insufficiencies, reflecting the real-life challenges in the modern neuro-ICU.
• Strong emphasis on clinical practicality
• Practical tools include algorithms, illustrations, photographs, tables, detailed references, and critical take-home points
• Evidence-based approach leverages the scientific and controlled research that supports the key treatment methods outlined in the ebook
• Balanced coverage of neurologic and critical care and neurosurgery offers outstanding preparation for the neurocritical care board certification exam as well as an indispensable primer for daily clinical work
• 2nd Edition includes new chapters covering CNS infection, acute liver failure, paroxysmal sympathetic hyperactivity, spine trauma, pediatric neurosurgery, encephalopathy and delirium, and carotid endarterectomy and extracranial-intracranial bypass
NOTE: This sale only includes the ebook The NeuroICU Book, 2nd edition, in PDF. Access codes are not included.