Vestibular Testing Interpretation (Drill and Practice) – eBook
- Authors: Matthew G. Crowson, Douglas B. Garrison, Kristal M. Riska, Debara L. Tucci, David Kaylie
- File Size: 27 MB
- Format: PDF
- Length: 145 Pages
- Publisher: Plural Publishing, Inc.; 1st edition
- Publication Date: August 1, 2019
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1635501059
- ISBN-13: 9781635501056
Vestibular Testing Interpretation, (PDF) provides an easy-to-read and complete overview of vestibular testing. Written with a junior practitioner or trainee in mind, this text combines an evidence-based review of the most generally employed vestibular function tests with cases from real patient meetings.
The ebook is divided into two sections: Section I offers an introduction and approach to vestibular testing, while Section II offers 27 clinical case vignettes. For a reader who is just beginning to learn about vestibular testing, the authors suggest going through part one of this ebook to develop a base of the basics of several vestibular tests and their uses. After the reader has an understanding of which test is used and why it is suggested that the reader continues with reviews of the patient cases. The ebook is designed in two sections so the background given in the first half of the ebook will help inform the reader to evaluate the patient cases. For practitioners who are more experienced with vestibular testing, we d recommend consulting the first part of the ebook as needed for a touch-up on topics. The key utility for experienced practitioners will be to work through the patient cases as drill and practice. The cases need not be considered in sequential order they were designed independent of one another, so no intentional order is presented.
- Insightful figures and schematics to supplement the textbook
- An outline of the approach to the vestibular patient from the perspective of testing
- Curated references and extra readings are highlighted throughout to improve reader understanding of key topics
- 27 cases obtained from real patient encounters using the latest vestibular testing technologies present in modern clinical vestibular testing laboratories
NOTE: The product only includes the ebook, Vestibular Testing Interpretation in PDF. No access codes are included.