World Criminal Justice Systems: A Comparative Survey (9th Edition) – eBook
- Author: Richard J. Terrill
- File Size: 7 MB
- Format: PDF (converted)
- Length: 768 Pages [812 in the converted]
- Publisher: Routledge; 9th edition
- Publication Date: October 30, 2015
- Language: English
- ASIN: B017O1LHIQ
- ISBN-10: 1317228812, 032335646X, 1138940860, 1315624389, 0323357415, 1317228812, 661295583X, 1282955837
- ISBN-13: 9781317228813, 9780323356466, 9781315624389, 9780323357418, 9781282955837, 9781138940864
World Criminal Justice Systems, 9th Edition, (PDF) offers an understanding of major world criminal justice systems by discussing and matching the systems of six of the world’s countries — each representative of a different type of legal system. An extra chapter on Islamic law uses three examples to show the range of practice within Sharia. Political, organizational, procedural, historical, and critical issues confronting the justice systems are explained and analyzed. Every chapter contains material on government, police, corrections, juvenile justice, judiciary, law, and other critical issues.
The Ninth edition includes an introduction directing students to the resources they need to comprehend comparative criminal justice theory and methodology. The chapter on Russia includes consideration of the chaos in post-Soviet successor states, and the last chapter on Islamic law examines the present status of criminal justice systems in the Middle East.
NOTE: The product only includes World Criminal Justice Systems: A Comparative Survey 9th Edition in a converted PDF. The page numbers and formatting may not match the physical book. No access codes are included.